Primary goal: Create vibrant, exceptional, and comprehensive undergraduate and graduate student experiences that integrate in and out of classroom learning to prepare graduates for meaningful careers and civic and personal lives.
- What roles do safety, sense of community and belonging, and campus pride play in students’ experiences?
- What are the student experiences that influence preparation for the lifespan and the careers of undergraduate and graduate students? What roles do civic agency, academic support, health, and fitness play in this preparation?
- What is the current compositional diversity of UMBC? What is the impact of UMBC’s compositional diversity and multiculturalism on undergraduate and graduate student experiences?
- What are the experiences that influence students’ learning about culture and preparation for participation in global citizenship?
- What are the experiences of undergraduate and graduate students with interactions, delivery of service and care of campus offices, units, departments, faculty, and staff?
- How does faculty and staff infrastructure impact student experiences?
Professor, Political Science
Associate Vice President, Student Affairs
Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Advising, Academic and Pre-Professional Advising
Coordinator of Student Life for Campus and Civic Engagement
Jessica Carrick, ’10
Tanvi Gadhia, ‘09
Environmental Sustainability Coordinator
Director, Meyerhoff Scholars Program
Director, Counseling Center
Romy Hubler, ’09, ’11
Vice President, Graduate Student Association
William Klotz, ‘14
Tahira Mahdi, ’10,’14
Michael Moubarek, ’14
Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering
Director, Career Center
Associate Professor of History
[on sabbatical, Fall 2014]
Bryan Wilkinson ’09
Ae Lim (Ally) Yang ’17
Vice President, Student Affairs
Assistant Vice Provost, Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation
Sr. Associate Athletic Director/SWA for Academic Services for Student-Athletes
B. Collier Jones
Campus Portal Architect, Information Technology
C. Jill Randles
Assistant Vice Provost and Assistant Dean, Undergraduate Education
Associate Director, International Education Services