Primary goal: Elevate UMBC as a nationally recognized and regionally relevant research university. The key drivers in achieving this goal are: creating an inclusive environment for faculty and students, developing excellence in new intellectual frontiers, and fostering multidisciplinary and inter-institutional approaches that build research, scholarship, and creative achievement across the campus.
- What are UMBC’s current strengths in research, scholarship, and creative activities and the potential areas of growth?
- What are the selected areas of research, scholarship, and creative activities that with targeted investment will elevate UMBC’s national prominence in the next five years?
- How do we utilize and extend our connections with local communities and regional assets to build on our strengths in research, scholarship, and creative achievement?
- How do we promote, sustain, and grow multi-disciplinary and inter-institutional initiatives to maximize collective impact of our research, scholarship, and creative activities?
- What priorities and metrics should be used to track progress and success in our goal to enhance UMBC’s research, scholarship, and creative activities?
- What resources are needed to attain our goals in research, scholarship, and creative activities?
Professor and Chair, Information Systems
Associate Professor and Graduate Program Director, Anthropology and Sociology
Professor, English and Director, Dresher Center for the Humanities
Associate Professor, Biological Sciences
Barbara Broome ’01, ’05
Professor and Chair, Mechanical Engineering
Professor, Mathematics and Statistics
Associate Professor, Political Science and Chair, Africana Studies
Research Assistant Professor, Joint Center for Earth Systems Technology
Dan Miller ’13
President, Graduate Student Association
Professor, Visual Arts and Director, Center for Innovation, Research, and Creativity in the Arts
President, Faculty Senate
Professor, Education and Co-Director, M.A. TESOL Program
University Distinguished Professor, Chemistry/Biochemistry and Investigator, HHMI
Executive Director, Hilltop Institute
Senior Advisor to the President
Dean, College of Engineering and Information Technology
Vice President, Research
Director, Data Warehousing and Document Imagining, Information Technology
Vice President, Administration and Finance
Vice President, Institutional Advancement
Acting Communications Director